Scrip Available at WLHS

Picture this: You make your usual yearly shopping outing for new school clothes for your children. You pick polo shirts and cargo pants, belts and sweaters, dresses and shoes, and head to the register to pay. Your selections are rung up and folded, and you pay a grand total of $400. Guess what? You could just earned money for your children's tuition at WLHS and given a donation to WLHS too. One the way home, you pick up a video and a pizza. That's another few dollars for tuition at WLHS.

How is this possible? Welcome to the Scrip ProgramScrip is a term that means "substitute money." When you purchase Scrip, you're purchasing gift certificates and prepaid cards that are used just like cashYou can use Scrip to purchase food, clothing, gas, electronics, coffee, a stop at your favorite restaurant, or as gifts.

The concept is simple: The Great Lakes Scrip Center acts on behalf of schools, churches, and non-profit organizations to purchase large amounts of Scrip from participating retailers at a substantial discountWLHS buys the Scrip from Great Lakes Scrip Center at a discount, and re-sells the certificates to families like your for full face value. The discount - from two to fifteen percent or more - is revenue for WLHS and tuition credit for you. We set the Scrip Program to help families with tuition.

This is exciting news: 60 percent of the rebate on any retailer's Scrip can be designed for tuition credits for your children or can be designated to another family. The remaining 40 percent is a donation to WLHS. The tuition designation is for future tuition. A Scrip tuition credit account may be opened for families with children as young as newbornsJust register online and complete an agreement form to open your Scrip tuition credit account. And, grandparents, other family members, co-workers, or neighbors can purchase SCrip that can accrue towards YOUR Scrip family account.


For more information contact the WLHS Scrip Coordinatorsat scrip@wlhs.org. What a great savings program for your child's Christian education and donation to help WLHS!

See the Savings Grow for "Vickie Viking"*

You spend per month:

  • $500 at Pick'n Save x 4% = $20
  • $400 at Kwik Trip x 10% = $40
  • $100 at Restaurants x 10% = $10

Plus additional one month:

  • $150 Home Depot x 4.76% = $7.14
  • $150 Kohl's x 5% = $7.50
  • $500 Car Repair x 5% = $25
  • $200 in Gift Certificates x 5% = $10
Monthly Sub-Total = $120
Year Total: $120 x 12 Months = $1,440
Your 1-Year 60% Scrip Amount = $864
40% WLHS Donation = $576
Phone: 414-453-4567  |  Fax: 414-453-3001