WLHS will follow these Milwaukee Health Department recommendations:
- Monitor symptoms of child and keep home if sick
- Promote hand washing and covering coughs/sneezes
- Perform routine cleaning and disinfecting of common surfaces
The CDC encourages all eligible individuals to receive COVID-19 vaccinationFurthermore, WLHS will follow these practices:
- Mask-optional/mask friendly position with respect and support for those who choose to wear face coverings
- Social distance wherever practical and reasonable
- Ample hand-sanitizer stations remain throughout the building and classrooms
- Disinfect desks and work areas
- Deep cleaning of all shared spaces
- Ionizating air purifiers remain in our air handlers
Separate mandates may apply for public transportation and athletics; we will monitor and comply.
Should the number of confirmed simultaneous cases reach a pre-determined threshold, we will change from our opening position to require phased mitigation measures that range from mask-wearing to greater social distancing to virtual learning should numbers warrant or we receive a mandate.
Check the WLHS Calendar
for up-to-date changes.